PharmaRelations is the Nordic market leader within talent services for the life science industry. We specialise in partnering with some of the top and most innovative organizations exclusively in the Life Science sector across our region. We add value to our clients and candidates with our consultancy services, outsourcing solutions and recruitment of specialists and leaders.
This is a consulting assignment at AstraZeneca, you will be hired by us at PharmaRelations:
Cardiovascular Renal and Metabolism (CVRM) Research – Metabolism In Vitro Team
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial – finding those moments and recognizing their potential.
The AstraZeneca CVRM Research group in Gothenburg is seeking to recruit a high calibre scientist to enable progression of a growing drug project portfolio. Highly motivated scientists are encouraged to apply for the opportunity to join our team of professionals who are passionate about advancing science, to discover and develop novel therapeutics that will benefit patients.
You will play an active role in implementing and executing scientific research within a CVRM Metabolism project, enabling studies aimed at exploring disease modifying mechanisms linked to pharmacological inhibition of the biological target of interest. This is a ”hands-on,” laboratory based scientific and technical role in our in vitro metabolism team supporting projects from target validation to lead optimisation phases.
This position will be laboratory based and you will be responsible for several technical and experimental processes to support the CVRM Research group.
• Responsibility for design, execution and analysis of in vitro and ex vivo assays.
• Communicate results, conclusions and recommendations to colleagues, line manager and the project team.
• Record experiments in lab books and databases according to AstraZeneca policy.
• Play a leading role in assay development and optimisation of in vitro assays.
• You would report to an expert member of staff and would be encouraged to be able to plan your daily work within direction set by your supervisor.
• Be asked to provide interpretation of assay results.
• Work within a line and/or matrix/project team.
• Demonstrates scientific rigor in assessing own data and that of others.
Degree in one of the Life Sciences disciplines and equivalent post-graduate or industry experience.
• Be a ”hands-on” expert with in vitro models and methodologies.
• Ability to develop new methods, technologies, and processes
• Enthusiasm for laboratory work, scientific curiosity.
• Experience in running in vitro biochemical and cellular assays to provide potency and activity readouts, including use of primary and recombinant cell lines.
• Significant cell culture experience.
• Experience with disease relevant cell types such as primary hepatocytes or hepatocyte-like cell lines in 2D cultures.
• Experience with ex vivo analysis of blood/tissue samples (including qPCR for gene expression, Western blots, and ELISA).
• Experience in data analysis and interpretation and enthusiasm for problem solving for scientifically challenging work.
• Demonstrable ability to work within a line and/or matrix/ cross-functional project team.
• Strong interest in providing materials and data for scientifically challenging work.
• Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Strong, demonstrable analytical ability.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Background in metabolic disease research areas.
• Experience with 3D spheroid models and expertise to establish and evaluate models of liver disease in the context of steatosis and fibrosis.
• Knowledge and experience with automation and robotic methods for increasing throughput and medium to high density microtitre plate technologies.
• An understanding of biological sciences, familiarity with the drug discovery process.
• Experience working in pharmaceutical or biotech environment.
• Hard working, organized, balanced and meticulous with an ability to work well under pressure.
• Adaptable and a team player with a conscientious attitude and enthusiasm.
• Desire to learn and build on the role.
For more information, please contact Consultant Manager Viktoria Lindström, firstname.lastname@example.org or Consultant Manager Aina Illiano, email@example.com. Note that due to GDPR we cannot accept any applications via e-mail.
At PharmaRelations we are committed to being an employer of equal opportunities for all and recruitment practices shall be free from discrimination based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification or age. Religion, political views, material, or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification or expression, or genetic information; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or associated with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics