An exciting opportunity has recently been created for a Sales Director at Mediq, and this might be the position for you!
Mediq Denmark is one of the largest suppliers of medical devices to the Danish healthcare sector and was originally founded as a Danish family business 50 years ago. Mediq Denmark distinguishes itself by collaborating with all parts of the Danish healthcare sector.
There are approx. 170 employees in Denmark, based in Brøndby, where the warehouse, customer service and support functions also belong. The office is part of the international Mediq group with approx. 3,000 employees in 13 countries in Europe. In the Nordic region, Mediq is one of the largest suppliers of medical devices and there are affiliates in Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Denmark. At Mediq Hospital Solutions, we are supplier of medical devices to Danish hospitals, within several specialties such as Surgery, Endoscopy, Wound Care, Anesthesia & Intensive Care and Diagnostic Equipment. We focus on selecting our exclusive partners carefully and have the great advantage as a value-creating partner that we can continuously adapt our solutions based on market demand.
The role as Sales Director
The role as Sales Director in Denmark for Hospital Solutions reports to the Vice President of Nordic Hospital Solution located in Finland. The Nordic setup is commercial organizations in each of the Nordic countries led by Sales Directors. Nordic Hospital Solutions consists of about 150 employees.
The Managing Director in Denmark and the Danish organization is a dotted line reference and will naturally be the everyday colleagues. The Sales Director will be a member of both the Nordic Hospital Solutions leadership team and the local management team in Denmark.
The current team size is about 15 people consisting of three sales teams with their respective managers and technical service team. The business in Mediq is growing and for the right candidate it is a career position.
Job responsibilities, relations, and challenges
The Sales Director is overall responsible for meeting the set targets for the Hospital Solutions business unit in the Danish market and for the overall Mediq strategy for the Nordic Hospital area. This happens through direct leadership, training of the sales force, direct contact to key customers, suppliers and other partners and a strong collaboration internally about the defined strategies for the business area. The Sales Director will work closely with the Nordic colleagues. The Sales Director will have a combination of operational responsibilities, people management and strategic market development.
4 key areas of responsibility have been defined:
Business planning for hospital solutions business in Denmark:
- Setting sales strategy for local sales teams.
- Leading the preparation of operational plans for country teams.
- Setting P&L and sales budget for local organization.
Performance management of the hospital solutions sales organization:
- Setting up local organization and responsibilities.
- Setting local targets and incentive plans for the team.
- One-to-one discussions with subordinates and good results on employee surveys.
Supplier relationship management of the exclusive suppliers together with the Nordic organization:
- Participating in the making of Nordic agreements with suppliers.
- Finding and selecting Denmark specific suppliers (limited to a DK perspective).
- Making supplier (sales) plans for local and Nordic suppliers.
Leading sales and marketing activities of hospital solution business in Denmark Business planning:
- Leading sales, marketing, and tender activities.
- Sales and demand forecasting.
- Active participation in M&A projects within hospital solutions.
- An experienced leader and good people manager with minimum 5 years of management experience with sales teams, preferably in matrix organization.
- Experience in medical device sales organization towards hospitals.
- Strong business understanding and market drivers/health care sector.
- Experience in B2B organization and indirect sales techniques, working with public healthcare sector and preferably hospitals.
- Understanding the public procurement process.
- Well-established network to hospital purchasing organizations
- Managerial experience with sales personnel, e.g., a strong coach.
- Strong negotiator – be able to close the deals.
- A suitable academic background.
- Analytical skills and able to transform data to understandable actions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Social orientation, a team player, and a strong networker.
- Creative, challenge the existing way of doing things and propose solutions.
- Loyal and stay committed to the tasks, the people, and the organization.
- Structured – keeping a balance between administration, management, and sales activities.
- Leadership skills with focus on motivation, delegation, and coaching – creating passion.
- Result-oriented, have the necessary drive to keep going.
- Flexible in terms of the organization and tasks.
- Proactive, dynamic, and enthusiastic.
- Strategic thinking with a hands-on approach, i.e., be a role model to the team.
- Communication skills towards customers, suppliers, team, and management.
- Being a role model and supervising in accordance with Mediq values and an ambassador in keeping these values alive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Danish as well as English.
Challenges in the position
The key challenge in the position is to really understand the dual customer complexity of the business: Customers on one side and the suppliers and partners on the other side. They are both customers in Mediq and requires full attention and focus. Growing the exclusive supplier portfolio with the leading suppliers in their respective areas in each market is the key challenge. Finding the right balance in the Nordic Matrix organization with dotted line reporting to the Danish Managing Director is also important. Getting to know the team and get a picture of the dynamics in the organization and how the service model is framed, is key to success. Getting closer to the International Suppliers is also key. There is a close dialogue on all aspect of developing the business in Denmark. The Sales Director must be aware that the product range is very broad with very specific complex products and more home care-based products. The candidate must be able to maintain focus on sales while upholding a professional academic knowledgeable approach.
For further information do reach out to Recruitment Manager Lotte Hansen on telephone 54335227 or apply directly here. Due to GDPR, we cannot receive any CVs via e-mail. Interviews are already taking place, so please get in touch or apply at your earliest convenience.
At PharmaRelations we are committed to being an employer of equal opportunities for all and recruitment practices shall be free from discrimination based on race, colour, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age. Religion, material or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification or expression, or genetic information; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or associated with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.